This is some great information for reaching people who don’t have a relationship with Christ through groups.
To follow Claude King @ LifeWay and find this original post click here.
Guide your church or group to pray for God’s heart for the lostness in your community and world. Then follow His leadership to penetrate that lostness by starting new Bible study groups through which He will draw people to saving faith in His Son. Here are eight steps to consider:
- Pray to know God’s heart for the lost.
- Put names and faces on lostness in your Jerusalem… and to the ends of the earth.
- Pray for laborers. (Matthew 9:35-38)
- Commission and equip teams (2 or more people) to start new groups.
- Pray for God to open your eyes to see where He is working and join Him. (John 4:35)
- Pray for open doors. (Colossians 4:2-6)
- Invite people to listen to God, learn from Him, and come to Christ. (John 6:45)
- Tell your own story of what good things Christ has done for you. (Mark 5:18-20)
As you pray, consider new groups for:
- Age Groups: Who and where are they?
- Sunday Workers
- Socio-economic groups
- Language Groups/Ethnic/Cultural (see: www.peoplegroups.org)
- Housing Types (e.g. apartments, trailer parks, condos)
- Relationships (coworkers, relatives, neighbors)
- Geographic Areas (other towns, villages, neglected regions)