What Is OnTrack?
March 9-10, 2018 – First Baptist Church, Hendersonville, TN
What Is OnTrack?
OnTrack is a conference uniquely focused on Sunday School and its best practices for departmental leaders, teachers, trainers, and volunteers. This short but essential conference provides your entire Sunday School team (staff, leaders, and teachers) with two kinds of training: vision-casting general sessions about the overall importance of Sunday School work in the mission of your church, and age-level and ministry-area specific break-out sessions for hands-on training and application. Every attendee will be encouraged and equipped by prominent Sunday School leaders to go home and immediately implement what they learn.
Thriving Churches Have One Thing in Common
Research consistently proves that thriving churches invest time and effort into training their Sunday School and small group leaders. A trained leader is more motivated, feels equipped, remains a leader for a longer duration, trains up other leaders, and is more entrenched in the churchâ€™s overall mission. Sunday is too important to the mission of your church; OnTrack will help you get the most out of it.
- Ted Traylor, Pastor at Olive Baptist Church in Pensacola, FL
- Allan Taylor, Director of Church Education Ministry with LifeWay
New This Year
Pre-Conference Sessions on March 9, 2018
Our host church, First Baptist Church of Hendersonville, is an excellent example of a thriving Sunday School ministry. Their staff will lead two practical sessions:
- 3:00 p.m. – Individual Age Level Training
- 4:10 p.m. – Making Sunday School a Church Priority (Panel Discussion)
Sunday School Seminary
General sessions that dive deeper into the philosophy, purpose, and ultimate mission of Sunday School. These sessions will inspire leaders to view Sunday School as your church’s primary mission field.
Session 1 – Ministering to All Age Groups
by Keith Lowry, Adult Discipleship Specialist at the Baptist General Convention of Texas
This course takes a look at the natural distinctions in the different adult generations currently in our churches, and discusses how we can take advantage of the strengths they bring to assist us in ministering to all age groups.
- You will be challenged to see generational silos that have naturally occurred in your own church, and to find ways to break down those silos so that real relationships and ministry can occur more effectively.
- You will gain specific information about how different generations have very different views, backgrounds, strengths, and how you can use those to strengthen the ministries of your church.
- Your teachers will be strengthened by learning how different these various generations learn, and discover how to prepare learning opportunities that engage each generation in ways that they are most likely are to be drawn.
Session 2 – Five Questions to Predict Sunday School Growth in Your Church
by David Bond, Executive Director and Arkansas Director, Arkansas Baptist Convention
A church revitalization study revealed some significant factors that separated attendees in growing churches from the rest. In this session, you will learn what Sunday School-related statements best predict a person’s attendance in a growing church and how to get your Sunday School on track and moving in the right direction.
- Benefits – You will learn some research-supported principles for designing a Sunday School strategy for your church.
- Actionable – You will have a grid of 5 key questions that will instantly reveal obvious areas of need and confirm areas that are on track. You will also hear ways that other churches have responded to these questions with action.
- Growing Teachers – Teachers will be encouraged to understand Sunday School not as a weekly meeting but as an ongoing strategy for growth. They will see how involvement in Sunday School affects other spiritual disciplines such as Bible reading, prayer, conversational evangelism, and service. Teachers will be encouraged to create an atmosphere to which learners want to invite friends.
- Early Bird – $50 (Group Rate: Buy 5, get 1 free), ends January 31, 2018
- Regular Registration – $65
Pre-Conference Sessions – Friday, March 9, 2018
- 3:00-3:50 Session 1
- 3:50-4:10 Break
- 4:10-5:00 Session 2
Friday, March 9, 2018
- 5:30-6:30pm Registration
- 6:30-7:30pm General Session (Ted Traylor, Pastor, Olive Baptist Church, Pensacola, FL)
- 7:30-7:45pm Break
- 7:45-8:45pm Age Division Breakout Session 1
- 8:45pm Dismiss
Saturday, March 10, 2018
- 8:00-9:00am Age Division Breakout Session 2
- 9:00-9:15am Break
- 9:15-10:15am General Session (Allan Taylor, LifeWay Christian Resources)
- 10:15-10:30am Break
- 10:30-11:15am Sunday School Seminary Session 1 (Keith Lowry, Specialist, Adult Discipleship, Baptist General Convention of Texas)
- 11:15-11:30am Break
- 11:30-12:15pm Sunday School Seminary, Session 2 (David Bond, Executive Administrator, Arkansas Baptist Convention)