Many are familiar with the idea of making contacts through cards, letters, phone calls, and visits for their Sunday School or Small Group. We understand the value of a personal touch with a face to face conversation but we must never neglect the social media world that exists as well.
Making contact or connecting with those we have on our list is essential. With the advent of social media many if not most groups are still not using these tools connect with those on their ministry list and to others as well. Here are a few things to consider when using social media with a group.
- Understand what type of social media(s) are used by your group so you can be the most effective.
- Communicate weekly with social media.
- Use social media to connect the teaching of the previous or upcoming meeting of your group. This helps with application.
- Use social media to promote group socials and update prayer request and ministry needs.
- If using Facebook, create a group for your group. Here is a video on how this is done and how it can benefit your group for both ministry to the members and reaching new people as well.